About Freya


Breed: Norwegian Lundehund
Gender: Female (Spayed)
Mother: Krackerjax Lite Hessa
Date of Birth: August 10, 2007

Friday, January 18, 2019

Update

I'm not sure if anyone is still looking here at all for updates. But if you are, here is a long over due update.

Freya was misdiagnosed with Cushing's disease by an emergency vet.  So for about a year or so, Freya was given medicine she didn't need. Her energy level decreased over time and her weight dropped too much. I was finally able to convince my primary vet to look into it again.

After a few days of no meds, Freya's energy level popped back up.  She's back to a healthy weight. The only bad side effect was that not all the outer layer of fur grew back on the sides of her tummy from the ultrasound.

Freya is now almost 11-1/2 years. She is still spry with the spunky attitude when I first met her. My terms of endearment for Freya are "sweet pea", "squush", and "little one".  She likes to sleep in when I do, cuddle next to me on the bed.

Freya is easily one of the coolest dogs I've ever had the honor to be their pet guardian. She is definitely on of the smartest.

No comments: