About Freya


Breed: Norwegian Lundehund
Gender: Female (Spayed)
Mother: Krackerjax Lite Hessa
Date of Birth: August 10, 2007

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Histiocytoma

After watching so much House I'm surprised I didn't know exactly what that was when Dr. Marty spoke the word. She even wrote it down so I could look it up at home. Freya has one on her front left leg about 3/4 the way up to her elbow. The doc estimated it to be about 3 cm around. I'm no good with metrics I don't think it was 3 mm. It was big enough to cause me concern considering it wasn't there before. I found it Friday night and go to the vet Saturday morning.

The histiocytoma according to my research will go away in 1-3 months on it's own even if I use any meds on it. Dr. Marty said that if it's not gone after 2 months she would consider removing it and biopsying it. I'm not big on medical jargon either so I hope I said that right.

Either way the thing doesn't seem to bother Freya at all. She's still a little spit fire that's never gonna go out. :) The one vet tech referred to her as a daddy's girl. It's funny 'cause that's the 3rd time in the last month somebody has referred to her that way. I already knew it though. I tell people she's my little princess in every sense of the word. Freya loves attention. And of course I love it when she showers me with kisses.

As soon as I get the pics off my iPhone, I'll be adding the April 2009 album.

No comments: